UNITED IN BELIEF
Welcome to the website for St. Piran's Church with Perranwell Methodists. Please take some time to browse. We hope it provides everything you need to know about us, our Church and its community. If there is anything you would like to suggest for inclusion or change please do not hesitate to get in touch with me, via the Contacts Page or complete the Get In Touch Form.
- Stpiranstruro.org.uk will not be online as from 15th September. It will be replaced by the new website for The Waterside Churches as quickly as possible.
- The Profile for the new group has been written and sent on to the next stage. It will be part of the documentation for candidates, and will also appear on the new website for The Waterside Churches.
CORONAVIRUS - WE ARE BACK.
- Sunday services are now at 10.00 am in all 3 churches.
- We have now been advised that we have to wear face coverings in church. This applies to everybody. Obviously, when the clergy, worship leader, readers etc need to speak they may lower their masks.
- The service schedule and details are being kept up to date. Just click on Service Details at the top of this page.
- Thank you to all those who have come back. We look forward to gradually being able to ease the restrictions, but safety is our watchword.
- The only restriction about numbers attending normal services lies in safe social distancing. You may be assured that we constantly monitor this and set up the church each week accordingly. Hand gel will be used on entry and exit and a one way system is marked on the floor. You will be guided to designated pews and appropriate distancing is marked on the floor as well. Same household couples may sit together, as may those who have formed a bubble.
- The toilets will not be available.
- In order to avoid the potential embarrassment of having to turn anybody away, it would help us plan if you could let Trish know if you want to attend each Sunday. Just give her a ring. This also helps us record attendees as we have to keep a record for 21 days after each service.
- The Service Sheet for Sunday Service at our church is being circulated by e-mail. Please print it and bring it with you. It will also be necessary for you to take it away from the church after the service.
- OUR CHURCH IS OPEN FOR PRIVATE PRAYER ON WEDNESDAYS, BETWEEN 10.00 AM AND 11.00 AM. THE CHURCH HALL, INCLUDING THE TOILETS, WILL NOT BE IN USE.
- PRIVATE PRAYER IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A PERSON OR HOUSEHOLD TO ENTER THE CHURCH TO PRAY ON THEIR OWN AND NOT AS PART OF A GROUP, LED OR COMMUNAL ACT.
- THE WARDENS HAVE SET THE CHURCH IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE GUIDELINES AND WILL BE THERE TO OVERSEE THE ARRANGEMENTS.
- HAND SANITIZER IS IN PLACE AND MUST BE USED ON ENTRY, WHICH WILL BE VIA THE MAIN DOOR. YOU WILL THEN BE ASKED TO FOLLOW THE ARROWS ON THE FLOOR AND DIRECTED TO YOUR PEW. WE HAVE TAPED OFF SOME PEWS TO ENSURE COVID SAFE DISTANCING. SAME HOUSEHOLD COUPLES MAY SIT TOGETHER, AS MAY THOSE WHO HAVE FORMED A BUBBLE. EVERYBODY ELSE WILL BE SAT 1 PER PEW AS DIRECTED. EXIT WILL BE VIA THE BELL TOWER, WITH HAND GEL USED AS YOU LEAVE.
- SADLY, WE WON'T BE ABLE TO HAVE COFFEE AND A GOOD CHAT. PLEASE DO NOT BRING FLASKS!! ..............
- Click on the link below, shaded yellow, for the latest C of E update. This is constantly updated. https://www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-churches?mc_cid=d0c5389e41&mc_eid=84c821e796#na
SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT: Ensuring that children and young people as well as adults are kept safe whilst in our care is an integral part of our church life. If you have any concerns about safeguarding please contact:
In the Parish: Tracey Woodrow, Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator, Tel: 01872 862602
In the Diocese: Sarah Acraman Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, 01872 274351
Out of Hours for after 5pm and weekends: 01208 251300
In emergency situation:
Local Authority Children’s Social Care: 0300 123 1116
Local Authority Adult’s Social Care: 0300 1234131